Wednesday, April 21, 2010


'Oh God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small.'

I've seen a film before where President J.F. Kennedy was portrayed meditating on these words inscribed on a plaque on his desk and it st ucked on me ever since.

Every time that we go out for a beach outing and I wade with my friends in the sea, this thought always makes me thank God for the all the amazing things He have created and provided us with. It humbles me, looking how tiny I am in contrast with the vast body of water that surrounds me. I am always reminded that God's love for me is like the sea...wide, deep, long and at times unfathomable and even frightening. Hearing the sound of the wave gives me that refreshing feeling all over...its like being washed away of all the worries,concern, and thoughts that pull me down. It's like, i could start all over again... on a clean slate.The sea gives me a feeling of serenity, serenity that transcends my entire entity. The sea means a lot of things to me...and i can't help to be drawn to it like a traveler hearing a siren's song.

No comments:

Post a Comment